What we offer in the youth curriculum resource for 6th-12th graders, are all the ideas/instructions to host a weekend calling retreat OR a multi-week teaching/discussion OR a multi-week small group study. We’re offering the teaching content in two formats (classroom and retreat/discussion) and included everything else you need to support a retreat (field games, upfront games, worship sets, etc.) – all in one document.
Below is a sample of the youth curriculum resource.
Session 1 — God’s Call: The Ministry of All Believers
Take a moment to go around the group and share your name, grade and at least two of these:
- The name of your favorite movie
- The biggest talent of your best friend
- Something you have done with someone else that you couldn’t have done by yourself
- Your best subject in school
We are going to get creative! A long time ago families would have shields designed for them that had symbols on them that described their family attributes or history. We are going to do that as a group. Your first act will be to divide the work according to who is best at these different tasks.
- The Supervisor: This person make sure you stay on task and move through the project and complete it on time. They are organized and good at paying attention.
- The Sketch Artist: This person (or people) will draw the basic outline of the symbols. They are creative and good at drawing.
- The Calligrapher: This person will be responsible for adding your team name to the crest. They have good handwriting.
- The Colorist: This person (or people) will fill the drawing with color. They are good at spotting colors that go well together.
- The Idea Person: This person will continue to give ideas and input along the way. They are good at coming up with ways to improve things.
From this point forward, you have ten minutes… [download the full youth curriculum resource with all supporting material]